lining PVC panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy New Year everyone.

Wondering if this is possible?

We have a large double PVC window with the bottom half being just PVC, a bit the same as a front door half glass half PVC.

I am fed up seeing the PVC and it does tend to hold the condensation and so would like to dry line somehow?
I have looked on line but can only see it mentioned when you use dry lining over outside brick work,

Can we use it over PVC? If so what would be the best to use?

Sponsored Links
Yes there are a few options there.

You could screw plaster board straight to the window or a better idea would be to build a small stud wall in front of it 1st, This would allow you to add some extra insulation and a proper window board.

you can get bonded insulation plasterboard by the likes of Kingspan, Knauf and Celotex. It will be pretty rigid and, for such a small area, not expensive.

It has about double the insulating power of mineral wool.

I would tend to board it out flush with the rest of the wall, and put a window-board on top to blend it in.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both very much for the helpful info, can't wait to get started now.!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back