Lipstick On walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my 3 year old got a hold of lipstick and made kissie marks all over my walls. I tried just water and soap but it just made the marks bigger. UUUgghhh! PLease anyone with tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
This product removes most things, will clean off grease and oil stains etc, use sparingly and wash off with soapy water.
You may find that the wallcovering has been damaged though.

polycell_brush_cleaner.jpg

Thank you so much for the tip. And regarding the damage to the wall, would it make a stain or would it be more of an scratch? Thanks once again. :D

use kitchen towel and and iron to remove things like that.

also WD40 is good for removing mark, just remember to always blot never scrub.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tips. Hot iron and towel to fix scratches? I so would of scrubbed it. And I do believe I have wd40 :) Sorry for being such a pain, but on anther but semi similar subject. I Painted a tree branch with pink flowers above my daughters bunk bed. My 3 yr old drew all over it with pencil. Any suggestions would be great. I am at a loss cause I don't want to start over. But I can't leave her wall like that. I have attached a pic. Thanks a lot!

Try:
Hairspray.
or
Toothpaste

In a small area.

Me thinks the paper and iron are for removing (read: soaking up) the lipstick, and nothing to do with making scratches disappear.

btw red devil filler on a damp cloth acts as a very mild abrasive for removing pencil marks

It might seem obvious but have you tried an eraser on the pencil marks? I've used one in the past for just that job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back