living room spotlights

Right as far as new meter tails. They are not in yet. You mention fuses to protect the tails as opposed to the fuses protecting the incoming mains cable.
OK but apparently that only applies if the tails are over 3m. WHY? What difference does it make in the length? After all one end of the tails is the consumer unit and the other end the incoming fuse box. The tails will be in a conduit so are mechanically protected and as far as under fault conditions I cannot see what makes the difference between 3m or 7m. After all 3m of tails do not need another set of fuses!
I think you require an isolation switch rather than an additional fuse.

Sponsored Links
They wouldn't put it in writing would they. But that is what they told me.
The same as we had the national grid round who isolated the gas. But the bloke gave me his number, told me how to switch it back on etc and even gave me all the bits out of his van to refit the meter. When the plumber puts the boiler in he will sort that out.
As far as my original question about spot lights is concerned, all I wanted to know was with normal lights the power goes to the rose then linked to the switch but with the spots was there another way, I already had it in mind to take the feed to the switch and this is what was answered earlier.
And your'e more than welcome to come and inspect it yourself, and to be fair I appreciate your critism. I am constantly learning all the time.

Sponsored Links
They wouldn't put it in writing would they.
Why not, if they are right?

But that is what they told me.
And if you are in trouble for it, and have nothing in writing, will "they" come to your defence?

The same as we had the national grid round who isolated the gas. But the bloke gave me his number, told me how to switch it back on etc and even gave me all the bits out of his van to refit the meter. When the plumber puts the boiler in he will sort that out.
Check on the plumbing forum to see if plumbers are allowed/are prepared to fit gas meters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back