Load limit of a radial circuit

So when you switch on a light it makes a circuit, however it does no make a new circuit, that light has worked before.
So you think that if no lights are on, you have no lighting circuits?

Or if nothing is plugged into any sockets, or if they are they are off, you have no socket circuit(s)?

And you think that that is what general English usage means?

Nonsense.

Sponsored Links
Very true, a circuit is not circuit when it is switched OFF, otherwise it wouldn't be OFF. Ban surely you can get your head round that fact.

So at the moment, according to you, I do not have a shower circuit in my house.

And according to you I could put an MCB into a blank way in my CU, and run a cable from it to accessories and/or appliances, and as long as I don't turn it on I have not installed a new circuit, and therefore the work is not notifiable.

How about you try to get your head around the fact that you are talking utter nonsense.

Sponsored Links
It does rather depend on whose definition of a particular word you are using.

Eg, 7671's definition of "circuit" is:

An assembly of electrical equipment supplied from the same origin and protected against overcurrent by the same protective device(s).

It does rather depend on whose definition of a particular word you are using.

Eg, 7671's definition of "circuit" is:

An assembly of electrical equipment supplied from the same origin and protected against overcurrent by the same protective device(s).

So if it's not supplied, it's not a circuit. simples, even for ban.

surely when you turn the light in, you complete the circuit. You can't complete the circuit if it wasn't there?

What is the definition of "supplied"?

make (something needed or wanted) available to someone; provide.

Don't know if that clarifies or clouds the situation...

You are of course correct it is a lot on nonsense, to make sense first you need to define what you mean by the words used, BS7671 does define what they mean by a circuit, but as soon as the Part P lot said that fitting a FCU does not form a circuit they in doing that showed they were not referring to a circuit as defined by BS7671 so you have to look at the words as used generally in the English language.
Maybe it would be a good thing if an FCU did create a new circuit wrt Building Regulations.

Maybe all the extra notifications that that would involve would lessen the enthusiasm people have for installing FCUs for no good reason.

Which a switch would do.

And which an unswitched FCU won't.

What about all the ones installed along with TP isolators for fans?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back