Locks on cars

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Would you change all the car locks if it was you? Not trying to be funny, serious question. I don't think I would.

They know where he lives they have the key. My Dad suspects someone ups the road did this,.
What would you do?

Mrs Bod suggested he just sells the car and buy a new one. I thought that was a great idea.

He just wants an easy solution.

Sponsored Links
Look on youtube for Salvage rebuilds UK. They buy wrecked cars to repair and they often come with no keys. They use a guy who comes out, he can cut keys and preprogramme them and remove any other keys from the memory.

But wouldn't the manuel lock still work, I understand the car would not start.

Sponsored Links
Steering lock, wheel clamp or post in the drive is pretty good.

As said Bod, some kind of steering wheel lock. You can also buy a complete car set (used) including the key transponder - people do that when they buy a stolen recovered vehicle or a repossessed one with no keys. If you didn’t get the keys back, can he claim on the house insurance to have them all changed?

As said Bod, some kind of steering wheel lock. You can also buy a complete car set (used) including the key transponder - people do that when they buy a stolen recovered vehicle or a repossessed one with no keys. If you didn’t get the keys back, can he claim on the house insurance to have them all changed?

He's contacted the I car insurance. Home insurance would only say claim off car insurance, wouldn't they?

Sponsored Links
Back