Locksmith needed?

Sponsored Links
Yeah I’ve drilled below the keyhole and now got all the metal bits out. Still can’t turn the keyhole! How odd!

Sponsored Links
I normally count the tumblers as I drill through them, sometimes 5 but some could six, don't drill too far though as I think you'll knock the circlip off and then you will be stuck, try taping the keyhole around with a small screwdriver and hammer, if it won't budge theres still a tumbler left in

I know what I have done! I’ve hit the lock with the hammer so much that the outer metal is pushing on the lock so it won’t turn. I could be stuck!

Yep going to have to! Thanks for the advice. I wasn’t sure if it would be ok to just do it the other side too.

I’ve done it! Door open!
Just trying to get the bolt out to take the lock out now. Very stiff and threading easily. Reckon I could drill the screw out?

Its possible but you'd need to be very accurate and drill all the way down the screw with a 6mm bit without sliding off to the side or risk damaging or englarging the screw hole in the side of the mechamism, keep persevering on unscrewing it

Ok hopefully last question. I’ve finally got the screw out but the lock still won’t come out!?

If you had the key you would need to turn the key to roughly either 11 oclock or 1 oclock, this lines the little cam up vertically pointing down enabling the barrel to slide out, if not if its poking out anywhere other than pointing down you won't remove the barrel

Last edited:
Oh thank you! That’s it, all done! Amazing, thank you all for your help.
FYI - to get the screw out, in the end I bought some of those vice pliers. Worked a treat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back