Lofra Multifunction oven not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had our lofra multifunction oven for 4 years. its a dual fuel cooker i.e. gas hob and oven is electric.
the problem is, the main oven has stopped working i.e. nothing comes on... the lights or the oven itself, the smaller oven on top works fine, just the bigger main oven, not getting any response.
any ideas, if an amateur like me can check for anything?
if not, what sort of person would i need to call out for this..electrician?

ive managed to locate the cooker, from an online search. also seems like lofra doesnt exist anymore :(

http://www.jualdomestics.com/?act=viewProd&productId=7811

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Cant see very well on that pic but does your oven have a timer and is it on manual. If it is on Auto it will not work until it gets to the set time,

sorry if its being obvious but we see this alot.

thanks for your reply, it does have a timer. now when moving this around nothing was happening. so i moved it clockwise to the maximum and then bought round anti clockwise so that the timer would start, it started to tick, but still no response from the oven
out of desperation, i moved the timer knob around a few times both ways, and now it doesnt do the 'countdown clicking' sound anymore :eek:
is it my timer which is causing the problem?,
i noticed when you lift the knob for the timer, there is 2 screws behind this, but loosening this does nothing i found.
is there a way of taking the timer back to the default position? because ive tried moving both ways endlessly and it makes no difference!

I dont know the timer on this but on most you have a separate hand for the timer circuit, this should be behind the hour hand. one of the knobs usually pulls out or pushes in to release the timer mechanism.

Sponsored Links
i cant seem to find the timer mechanism :(, pulling on the timer knob just pulls of the nob, and pushing it does nothing.
having said that, im puzzled by the fact that if it was a timer issue then surely the top oven/grill-smaller one would not work?
currently, the timer function does not work anymore (no more clicking), however the top oven/grill works i.e. it does come on, but the bottom ..im not getting anything.
i would have thought that if the timer was at fault, then the oven would not come on, full stop?

had a look at those manuals, my timeer is manual i.e. not electronic

Most ovens the timer only controls the main oven so the rest will still work.

As you said the the oven is electric the other possibility is that the oven element has blown (usually the fan or light would still work though)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back