Loft Conversion - Fire protection to floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone advise me of a suitable design to achieve a 30 minute fire protection (or modified 30 minute) to a floor. I currently have a ceiling with 12.5mm plasterboard, artexed and have been advised that I can lay 100mm Rockwool or similar directly onto the plasterboard without any chicken wire support as the rockwool is less than 10kg/m2 density. I have two large steel beams supporting a suspended floor above fixed to the existing joists. The original ceiling should then protect from below by this arrangement and I can fix plasterboard sheet either side of the steels down to the floor to effectively encase the beams.

It sound reasonable but I cannot find any information relating to 30 minutes only chicken wire supported 60 minute designs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back