Loft Flooded

As far as I can see - the floor has survived very well - as to Churchill , don`t say " OH YUS " - leave it all and save your money :idea: @ the next renewal you could shop for quotes , you`ve still had no claims ! . If it was my house I would leave it ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Nige,
Sorry but i'm having a bit of a thicko day. Do you mean go through the insurance or pay for the repairs myself & keep my 8 years no claims discount?

Cheers,
Datadiyer.

Hi All,
My outcome of this experience if it's any help to others. Loss adjuster came today. Basically, if I were to claim under 'Storm Damage', there would have to have been slates/ridge tiles off the roof also as the velux window wouldn't have just 'popped' open (although there just so happened to be pretty bad storms on the night of the incident), which I agree with (i'm 90% sure I just left the damn thing open by accident). Anyhow, I have 'accidental cover' on my contents insurance, but not on my buildings insurance. Therefore the only contents that have been damaged due to the accidental act is a few empty cardboard boxes which were stored up the loft. The replacement ceiling/loft floor/new decor (as the lathe & plaster ceiling will have to come down) is essentially not covered. So my quote of £2100 is going to have to be paid by ourselves unfortunately (or I buy a hard hard & do it myself). Why I didn't get 'accidental cover' on my buildings insurance I don't know. I don't have any tall trees nearby so didn't think anything of it. So the upshot of it is, is you have a loft window which you leave open by accident and does a load of water damage to your ceilings/walls/ etc, you will only be covered if you have accidental buildings insurance (in my case anyway), oh well, you live & learn.
Cheers,
Datadiyer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back