loft help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I NEED HELP ON IF I CAN REMOVE BEAMS OUT IN MY LOFT.
I WILL TAKE SOME PICTURES AND SHOW YOU WHAT I MEAN IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT THANKS.

STEPHEN

Sponsored Links
no you can never normaly remove timbers without first supporting the structure in a different way

do you have a truss roof with loads off timbers everywhere all uniformly the same
or do you have a traditional roof with a few awkward timbers

whatever happens no one can comment accuratly without pictures ;)

Sponsored Links
THANKS BIG ALL FOR YOUR HELP MATE .

I WILL GET SOME PICTURES ON TO SHOW YOU WHICH BEAMS I WANT TO REMOVE THERE IS ABOUT 4 IN THE MIDDLE AND A FEW AROUND THE SIDES MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME THEN .

THANKS MATE

to big all or anyone else who can help me

picture 1 i have four beams in the middle but you can only see 2 .
is it safe to remove these

picture 2 i have 3 on both sides is it safe to remove these and what about the wall if i knock it down and support with wood instead

It looks to me as though you have been busy with the saw already! :eek:

You need to find alternative means to combat twist and spread if you are going to remove the struts and collars.

You really need to have an S.E. take a peek in the roof space before you do any more damage.

surely these struts and collars can be removed if i support it more .

anyone else with help or ideas on this thanks

MY FRIEND HAS THE SAME HOUSE AND REMOVED ALL THE SAME BEAMS I HAVE AND HE DONE IT SEVEN YEARS AGO AND ITS COMPLETELY SAFE
FOR LOFT STORAGE.

ITS JUST THE STRUTS AND COLLARS I NEED TO NOW ABOUT .

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP MATE

do you have a truss roof with loads off timbers everywhere all uniformly the same
or do you have a traditional roof with a few awkward timbers

whatever happens no one can comment accuratly without pictures ;)

HI BIG ALL I HAVE PUT SOME PICTURES ON CAN YOU TAKE A LOOK AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK MATE.

I THINK ITS THE STRUTS AND COLLARS I HAVE MARKED UP WHAT I WANT TO REMOVE

freddymercurystwin";p="1570092 said:
MY FRIEND HAS THE SAME HOUSE AND REMOVED ALL THE SAME BEAMS I HAVE
Why not remove yours then? Guess they put all that structure in there for a laugh then? I'm not your mate btw.[/quote

if you read it propley its the struts and collars i need to remove not what my mate has removed dickhead.

i just want some help and advice but not of jokers like you

handbags.jpg

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back