loft wiring Part P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to do a loft conversion bare the other regs boc
I will tidy up the wiring (usually loft rats nest) i understand that i will not need sparky certificate (part P)
Can i fit a ring main myself providing it is to current regs then get it checked or will a sparky with part P need to complete all the electric work.

Sponsored Links
Here go`s............As far as I can understand under Part Pee !!, you cannot install a new circuit unless P registered, or you can install it yourself and then ask the council to get it checked for you.....(nice fee involved).....Apparently people who are P registered are not allowed to certify a third parties installation...........unless of course they are asked to by the local council...........confused? I know I am.

I believe if you add a new circuit you should be Part P or notify Building Control, if you add to an existing circuit you do not need to be Part P but you will still have to show the Building Inspector your test certificate. If you do not inspect and test yourself you will probably have difficulty getting someone to sign off your work. Have a read through some of Ban All Sheds input on part p, I' sure they will clear up any doubt.

Sponsored Links
spoke to my boc today about planned loft conversion and i can do all the wiring and get it checked by them for a fee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back