Log Cabin wood Treatment

Wiz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
i'm about to buy a new Log Cabin, was talking to someone at www.wood-finishes-direct.com who i thought would be able to help with finding the best solution in terms of wood treatment, his advice is below, can anyone confirm this is the best solution or recommend a better one please??

As you want a natural look the best system to use would be 1 coat of the Barrettine Universal, which will protect you from Rot, Fungus, Mould and insect attack. Then 3 coats of the Exterior wood oil, which will give you the UV protection required. This system will give you outstanding protection. Here are the links for these products.
http://www.wood-finishes-direct.com/products/wood-finishes/exterior-finishes/wood-preservative.htm
http://www.wood-finishes-direct.com/products/wood-finishes/exterior-finishes/exterior-wood-oil.htm
:D

Sponsored Links
The products of which you describe are of the utmost quality and well worth your utmost consideration regarding purchase.

Another product that will perform well would be Sikkens, if your cabin is rough sawn a couple of coats of Cetol Novatech woul give you superb results, if however it smooth planed you should use the product already mentioned followed by a coat of Cetol Novatop.

Dec.

Hi Dec, cheers for the reply.
if i use the solution advised by that site i mentioned, are you saying i should have a 3rd product and coat the cabin with Cetol Novatop after the first 2?

The products of which you describe are of the utmost quality and well worth your utmost consideration regarding purchase.

Another product that will perform well would be Sikkens, if your cabin is rough sawn a couple of coats of Cetol Novatech woul give you superb results, if however it smooth planed you should use the product already mentioned followed by a coat of Cetol Novatop.

Dec.

Sponsored Links
No, just the products recommended by wood finshes direct. The Sikkens is a totally different system.

Dec.

• Thanks
Reactions: Wiz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back