Log store roof angle help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I'm going to be building another log store soon. Can anyone explain to me the correct method for obtaining the appropriate pitch for a simple pent roof. In the past I made the 4 uprights of the store the same height and stuck a piece of 3 x 2 to the osb board which gave a bit of additional height and my pitch.

Basically how do I create the slope in the uprights so the 3 x 2 isn't required and the osb board rests flush on the uprights.

I hope that makes sense?

Sponsored Links
are you talking about cutting an angle on the top of your uprights?

Sponsored Links
Decide on the pitch that you want and mitre the ends of the posts at that angle.
Is the easiest way to lay the frame out, as its correct distance - then use a long straight edge and mark over both posts?

You can certainly do it that way if that is what you are comfortable with.

There are many other ways involving trigonometry...

Thanks , i think i'll stick with what iknow at the minute - which is very little!!! One other thing, rather than starting a new thread, i'm looking to build something like this in the future.

BicycleStorage1.jpg

Can anyone tell me, is this made with sleepers secured together or is that cladding covering the store like a standard shed. I though it was cladding but cant see any supporting frame on any of the corners????

for all the money spent building that bike shed you think they might have had the sense to not put in directly infront of the kitchen window..

looks like solid 3x6 timber actually.

for all the money spent building that bike shed you think they might have had the sense to not put in directly infront of the kitchen window..

looks like solid 3x6 timber actually.

I do like the look of it, perhaps the 3 x 6 was chosen due to the green roof on top which i bet is fairly heavy. I thought i could see screws in the timber to suggest it was cladding but perhaps there's posts hidden from the camera angle fixed to the 3 x 6

You can also see the nail holes on the 'end grain' bits. They must've used a slim frame and clad both sides.

Unless you use copper organic treatment (the stuff that makes timber green in colour), you will need to use a paint/stain to stop it going horrible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back