Logic 30+ Combi noisy non return valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, wondering if any experts can help. Fingers crossed

Had new combi fitted (from stored system), after fitted pump was operating when open/closed cold taps.. Called Plumber as I thought it was due to a dead leg in system. He couldnt find dead leg but fitted NRV on mains cold supply to boiler and that fixed the problem, but gradually the valve has been getting noisy ie groaning/grating type noise and will sometimes makes noises randomly for about 5 secs and is starting to get annoying especially as boiler is in kitchen.
As the noise can occur a long time after hot water has been opened this has got me confused as nothing is been actuated at the moment it occurs.
I have read the install instructions and it says "IMPORTANT. Provision must be made to accomodate the expansion of DHW contained within the appliance. If the DHW inlet contains a back flow prevention device or non-return valve, e.g. a water meter, then a mini expansion vessel should be fitted between the device and the boiler in the cold inlet pipe"

1) Has anyone had any similar problems like this?
2) Would the mini EV cure the noise I am getting?
3) Are there any other possibilities?

I can replicate the noise by briefly flicking the taps open/closed and is definitely the NRV.
The house is on a water meter.
I am able to do the pipework myself, will not be bothering this plumber again as he has made a pigs ear of the install. I wished I had took some pics of the big hole in the wall where the flue is, siliconed square cover plate to hide it - not to mention all the leaks I've had.

Hope someone can help
Kind Regards
GMT

Sponsored Links
Or am I being over fussy and noise is normal for combi with non return valve fitted?

I hope not :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back