looking after laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just laid my first laminate floor, and it looks great. well i think it does, i took my time and put some work in... now i want to look after it, have bought those felt strips to put under the furniture, but its a bedroom, is there any way i can protect the floor against those horrible plastic castors that sit under the bed, will they mark the floor if the bed moves, dont want all my hard work going to waste. no wisecracks about what will make the bed move please :oops: .... obviously the missus will want to sweep under the bed now and again.

Sponsored Links
Can you not remove the casters & replace with felt pads, or rest the casters on felt pads.
My bed slides all over the place. ;)

No wisecrack, but there are rubber cups you can place the plastic castors in so the bed won't move (with it will if you place them in castors with felt attached)

Sponsored Links
sounds like your into big dippers "diyisfun". :D . already tried rubber cups from woolworths and the castors just roll out of them. i may try it without the castors and just use felt pads.... in the absence of any more ideas. this is ridiculous, once you have chased the bed round the room, you think the battle is over but you only got to turn over at night (now ... now), and the blimmin thing moves while your in it. i mean will the castors damage the floor? they are those cheap nylon castors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back