Looking for 12v plug and socket

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have a chiller box that should plug into the "cigarette lighter" accessory socket in the boot.

The plug and cable end were damaged and I want to connect a new lead to the wire. I have one with a "lighter" plug

I'm trying to find a small 2-pin 12v 5A (or more) snap together plug and socket that I can easily open and fit my wires to. I might fit one to a working light on a wander lead, or something, as well.

Any suggestions?

My shoddy alternative is crimped insulated spade or bullet connectors with heat-shrink sheathing (all of which I already have)

Sponsored Links
Could you make this work?

Or the old 2 pin power connectors used on some older boats

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I got some of these off ebay, but they arrived with short wires attached and I can't see any way to get them apart.

1687008137986.png

Those you listed lift the locking tab on the left hand one and pull apart.
They may be tight due to rhe rubber seal.

Those you listed lift the locking tab on the left hand one and pull apart.
They may be tight due to rhe rubber seal.

I mean, to take out the existing short wires and fit my own.

Thanks, I think I have found some now I used your product wording

It will be flopping around in the boot of the car, and every time I unplug it to carry at Margate or Glyndebourne.
Any connectors you buy will flop just as much. Spade/bullet connectors also take less space. Too much money to burn I think.

Sponsored Links
Back