Looking for

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A quality painter.

I recently had two different painters in my home to paint new walls and new woodwork, and paint over existing wallpaper.
the first guy done a decent job till it came to the hall way door, he must have applied the paint with a trowel as the paint is very thick and the finish is terrible. when i questioned him about it is answer was i seen worse.
The second guy who was painting over the wallpaper and glossing all the woodwork.
he done a good job on the walls but the painting of the woodwork is the worst i have seen, with poor cutting in runs, dirt and a very bad finish, so while i questioned him about it is answer was these things can happen no painter ever leaves a job perfect.
Am i expecting too much from a painter or have i just got two bad painters.

Sponsored Links
On the face of it, I would say you have had two bad painters.

I will agree that the odd run can sometimes occur but a good decorator will always check before leaving.
Open doors and windows can also allow dust and dirt particles to be blown on to wet surfaces after the job is completed.
There is no excuse for applying paint too thickly though! :evil:

It sounds to me as if they have both been a bit slapdash when it came to the woodwork, which is more time consuming than the walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back