looking to change my cordless drill

iaith said:
Yes loafer, those lok tors are pretty powerful, and I think you get 3 batteries too.

Good point Big-all ,new batteries would definitely be the cheapest solution
batteries would cost u more than a new panasonic 18v there brill

Sponsored Links
There is so much on the market, specs, makes,and prices that making a choice becomes almost impossible because you cannot know of its efficiency until you make the purchase except by hearsay.
Go to the `Which` magazine website, they have carried out an intensive testing in detail of most of the makes available. Should eliminate any later disapointments. Billandhiscat.

Thermo said:
seems to be a bit of a personal thing with most people on here. Personally i cant knock dewalt, i use the 18 volt stuff in pretty naff external onditions landscaping and they seem to stand up to it all.

I just bought the 18volt Dewalt drill as a replacement for a 14.4v ryobi. I have to say im a bit disappointed. It has 3 speeds, but it slips easily out of gear so you have to keep pushing the speed lever. Great torque, but the bolt which holds the chuck in has sheared off so on reverse, the chucks spins off the spindle! Not very good considering the amount of abuse the Ryobi had over 4 years.

Its only a month old so I am going to try and return for a refund. :cry:

Batteries can be re-celled apparently.

http://www.re-cell.co.uk/powertool.html never tried it myself but could be cheaper than new batts.

I second the Wickes remark, the cheap end stuff is of course 'get what you pay for', but the higher end gear are still made by Kress I think. They also have a spare parts ordering service on their website.

http://www.kress-elektrik.de/en/service/index.php

I have a wickes circular saw that I bought second hand for a fiver! Battered but working fine. After doing the research I found the exact same model on the Kress website, with an exploded parts diagram complete with all part numbers. So at least I know I can get spares if it becomes faulty. They are also guaranteed for 2 years, so certainly an option for the DIY'er.

I was in woolies today and they had 24v cordless hammer drills with 2 batteries, reduced from £60 down to £30. their own make but then again, diy users should get by with one of these.

Sponsored Links
htgeng said:
Its only a month old so I am going to try and return for a refund. :cry:

I have called the supplier and they are going to accept the dewalt 4pack kit for a full refund. Now my only dilemma is what to buy? Another Ryobi?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back