looks like fun

Sponsored Links
Not sure I'd want those 'Security Guards' protecting me... from what I could make out, their shooting accuracy didn't look too good.

Sponsored Links
The weapons were sufficient.
Or are you not aware of their capability?
The firing was not controlled.

The reason they missed was because they were missing on purpose.
The command ok , warning shots' was heard right at the start.

As for accuracy , I would have busted every skull at that range I was an army Marksman. Came second in the Regimental shooting contest with 96 pts out of a hundred. My proudest shot though was in an 'advance to contact' shooting competition' The idea being you have a gun group with a light machine gun (me) and a rifle group . You start at 600m with two std no11 targets. When you hit the targets they drop down and then the rifle group run forward 100m to the next firing point to shoot their targets when theirs are all down (10 targets) You leapfrog to 400m and knock yours down..etc etc till you all get to 100m and all your targets are down.

It is a timed competition.

So I was ready in the aim at 600m and the whistle blew and I fired two rounds in single shot mode and my targets both dropped down immediately.
I had only needed one shot at each target!!
To be honest I could hardly believe it myself despite being a marksman 600m is a very long way to aim with std iron sights.. :)

arm them with sniper rifles - end of pirates.

Indeed allthough they were firing warning shots as it said right at the start.

My preference would have been the old rpg but I suppose that close to the ships hull not a great idea..

I don't know why the command warning shots was given tbh I would have just blasted them to kingdom come starting with their engines so if you did not kill them due to your ship continuing they wouldhave died a long lingering death...

Pirates are fair game out on open waters no holds barred.

Great film Dead Calm with Nicole kidman much better than the pirates of the carribean rubbish..:)

The weapons were sufficient.
Or are you not aware of their capability?
The firing was not controlled.

Does he have to be a weapons expert now to post on these forums. Are you not aware of good manners?

The firing WAS controlled the order 'warning shots' is clearly heard at the start of the video. The fact they missed proves just how controlled the shots were.

Maybe the reason warning shots was given was because allthough legally they could have killed the pirates there is also a responsibility on the high seas to deal with survivors , maritime law etc which would have seriously slowed down the ship and wasted time .

To be honest I could hardly believe it myself despite being a marksman 600m is a very long way to aim with std iron sights.. :)
Especially when the LMG/GPMG is not designed for accurancy.

Indeed it was definately shooting of the highest standard , Even the OC congratulated me. It was the talk of the regiment for some time.. and placed me as the man the regiment favoured for all the shooting competitions we had. Which was great as it kept me out of the butts pasting patches on targets all day and kept me on the firing points enjoying myself..

The reason they missed was because they were missing on purpose.
The command ok , warning shots' was heard right at the start.

As for accuracy , I would have busted every skull at that range I was an army Marksman. Came second in the Regimental shooting contest with 96 pts out of a hundred. My proudest shot though was in an 'advance to contact' shooting competition' The idea being you have a gun group with a light machine gun (me) and a rifle group . You start at 600m with two std no11 targets. When you hit the targets they drop down and then the rifle group run forward 100m to the next firing point to shoot their targets when theirs are all down (10 targets) You leapfrog to 400m and knock yours down..etc etc till you all get to 100m and all your targets are down.

It is a timed competition.

So I was ready in the aim at 600m and the whistle blew and I fired two rounds in single shot mode and my targets both dropped down immediately.
I had only needed one shot at each target!!

Although i was an eng. mech. in the RAF the powers to be would insist we were still soldiers, lol, so once a year or so we had to go to the rifle range usually in full nbc gear to shoot at the targets with an slr, most of us would aim at the post, i managed to down mine in two shots :mrgreen: can i take this opportunity to appologise to the "rock apes" for not taking this seriously :mrgreen: my excuse, besides deminished responsibility, was our job was to strap the jockies in and let them do the shooting. :mrgreen:

They had more fire power than us anyway. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back