looks like fun

I used to shoot field target = sounds pretty lame , you have an air rifle and knock down targets of various woodland animals , crows, birds , squirrels and on the floor rats etc.

They are arranged naturally in a taped lane two targets to each lane.
They are fastened on tree branches etc to give a 'natural' hunting scenario.

You have one shot at each target and then mark your score.
In a typical competition there were around 12-20 different lanes.

The targets were ranged between 10 and 50yds and the part you had to hit to knock them down was around half an inch in diameter.

50yds does not sound like particularly difficult shooting but a half inch target is only 1 inch at 100m and 6 inch accross equivalent at 600m for example.
Take into account different ranges , elevations, wind and the fact that at 50m the trajectory of a pellet is already dropping and you end up with a very difficult shooting discipline indeed..

Sponsored Links
Had a bit of a collection.
A Diana 54 which unfortunately was stolen
A Titan Mowhawk which was very nice
and a BSA rbschtutzen.

This is the BSA , not the smoothest or most accurate but the best looking gun naked without a scope.

images

This thread is looking more like a todger sizing competition as it progresses.

How do pirates scale the sides of a ship that size?

To be honest I could hardly believe it myself despite being a marksman 600m is a very long way to aim with std iron sights.. :)
Especially when the LMG/GPMG is not designed for accurancy.

Indeed it was definately shooting of the highest standard , Even the OC congratulated me. It was the talk of the regiment for some time.. and placed me as the man the regiment favoured for all the shooting competitions we had. Which was great as it kept me out of the butts pasting patches on targets all day and kept me on the firing points enjoying myself..
It wasn't a compliment !!

Sponsored Links
This thread is looking more like a todger sizing competition as it progresses.

You can join in with details of your 9mm piece if you want. :LOL:

One of my favourite pastimes on my regular trips to Prague, is to visit the gun ranges. Just walk in, no ID, nothing, and use their assortment of weaponry, inc pistols, Magnums, shotguns, etc, etc.

Would never be allowed in this pu$$y country. When the Royal Navy stood by, and let pirates kidnap the Chandlers, says it all. :rolleyes:

One of my favourite pastimes on my regular trips to Prague, is to visit the gun ranges. Just walk in, no ID, nothing, and use their assortment of weaponry, inc pistols, Magnums, shotguns, etc, etc.

A popular "stag weekend" do now.

A popular "stag weekend" do now.

Thankfully not as popular as it was. They've moved on somewhere else, or maybe the recession has clipped their wings.

Always makes me laugh when I go to the gun club. Being a nation of big beer drinkers, they have a bar there. Probably not a good combination, stags, beer and guns.

Never been allowed on a firing range drunk or even with one beer.
Even here with the Police.
Let alone in another country.

[quote="Whitespirit66"

Always makes me laugh when I go to the gun club. Being a nation of big beer drinkers, they have a bar there. Probably not a good combination, stags, beer and guns.[/quote]

That's the kind of Chlorine that we need in the gene pool...

Give me a mastic gun and I do a mean Arnie impression......Uzi, nine millimetre.. :mrgreen:

[quote="Whitespirit66"

Always makes me laugh when I go to the gun club. Being a nation of big beer drinkers, they have a bar there. Probably not a good combination, stags, beer and guns.

That's the kind of Chlorine that we need in the gene pool...[/quote]

You may have missed my post.
Where I have been, you are not allowed when under the influence.

Spend the day there then go out later.

Sponsored Links
Back