loseing preasure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
since ive started using the heating this year i have had to top up my combi boiler 3 times i fill it to 1.5bar and then the next time i go to use it has low to no preasurei cant see any sighns of a leak and i wonderd if it had anything to do with the expansion vessle i would be very greatful for any advise :?:

Sponsored Links
how long does it take to lower pressure. ? is it a new system ?? new valves ??

Check your expansion vessel to see if it needs charging/replacing. If any water discharges from the top then it needs replacing. If it is flat then it will need repressurising .

A spelling course might help too!

Set the system pressure ( note correct spelling ) to 1.5 Bar and the run heating. If pressure increases above 2 Bar then there IS a problem with the expansion vessel.

In that case look in the FAQ for how to fix it. but follow the instructions EXACTLY !!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The system is only three years old and the pressure falls at 0.1 every two days, once it has been topped up to 1.5 Bar and turned on the pressure does not rise it stays the same :confused:

p.s. sorry about the spelling i will get it better next time

Check the prv discharge pipe (15mm or 22mm copper outside) to see if its dripping

Check each of your rads too. Run your fingers underneath all of the pipework at either end of each rad and at the top by the bleed valves. If there is any moisture/dampness you may have a leak on the system.

I've tried running my fingers along all the rads and pipework and checked the dicharge pipe still cant see any water about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back