ch preasure going up to and over 3 bar.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
rencently i have had new heater matrix fitted due to a pin hole in the old 1 which ment my ch was getting topped constantly up by my mains water, so i was getting over 3 bar and water constanly dripping out side.

now iv had the new heater mattrix fitted, the constant dripping of water out side has stopped, but when i turn my ch on the preasure is building up to and over 3 bar, and then obvisly the dripping out side starts. when i switch the ch off the preasure goes bk down.

the system is a worcetser 28cdi combi boiler

thanku

Sponsored Links
n was part is that n wot do i do to it?

sum1 has mentioned that red round drum with a car tyre valve needs pumping up. is that true? there is no preasure in there at the moment.

Sponsored Links
people ask a question why don't people just answer it in stead of sending them round the houses.

no i didn't know their where other answers.
just being polite and asking if thats where you come from ?

Yes it sounds like the pressure vessel needs re-presurizing,car valve,foot pump,pump up to pressure indicated on the unit
Seen an ajs heating b4 , bucks herts area

n was part is that n wot do i do to it?

sum1 has mentioned that red round drum with a car tyre valve needs pumping up. is that true? there is no preasure in there at the moment.

It could be pumped up yes but you need to let some water out to make space for the air you are pushing in.
I have just answered a similar question here which may be of some assistance as well as anything you read in the FAQ's

Ultimately your pressure vessel is at least on its way out and like a car tyre that needs pumping up frequently it will need replacing at some stage.

To answer your other question: Apart from the hot water that is let out from the pressure relief valve it will make no difference to your fuel costs.

PS I'm not in Pakistan either. I just think the flag is prettier than ours and this town I am in always smells of curry.

Edit:
PPS Just check that your filling loop is turned off and disconnected and tell me what the pressure is set to before you turn the heating on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back