Low battery (non flashing) on response SA-P1 control panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yet none of the magnetic strips flash when doors open which is how it shows which has the low battery, does anyone know how you can check the internal rechargeable batteries are not on their way out?

Sponsored Links
They flash when there is a low battery.
In normal operation they do not.

And they are throw away not rechargeable.

I am referring to the rechargeable batteries in the control panel, as i have said i have a low battery showing on the control panel which indicates a low battery, but none magentic strips are flashing when opening door which is indication of low battery, hence why i am wondering if it could be the rechargeable batteries within the control panel (it is a wireless system)

Do you put it into test when opening the door, that could be disabling the indicators.
What does the manual say?
What do Friedland say?

Have you a battery tester?

If not try a new battery and see what happens.

Sponsored Links
no not in test

manual says nothing about the rechargeable batteries in both the control panel and the siren, just the low battery conditions for the magetic detectors and the movement ones, which states when in normal operation they will flash when opened or movement is detected, which they are not doing, friedland not open and dont have a battery tester and don't want to order 2 x £20 batteries in the hope thats the problem, will phone response on monday but thought i would ask on here in the mean time

As I said "Under normal battery conditions the LED on
the Detector will not illuminate when the Detector is
triggered, (unless in test mode). However, under
low-battery conditions this LED will be illuminated
for approximately 1s when the detector is triggered."

They are OFF when fine ON when low.
I suggest you re-read the manual to get a better understanding.

The two standby batts in the panel should be changed after 3-4 years as well as the other 6vdc 1.2AH siren battery and the PP3 start up battery, as well as the solar panel cleaned.

So the worse case is 3 x 1,2AH batts and 1 x PP3.

I also suggest a web search as these batteries all together would come under £20.00

So time to get reading!

i obviously have not made myself clear

the low battery is illuminated on the control panel, showing that one of the magnetic door strips is low on battery, BUT the led light on door strips is not illuminating for approximately 1s when the detector is triggered.

I know how the system works and have replaced batteries before when low battery has illuminated on control panel, but they always flash for a second when triggered, this time they are not, so am wondering if it could be showing low battery as in the rechargeables in the actual control unit

not sure how i can make it any clearer

The zone should be lit on the panel.
Then following the zone list you can locate the zone, it may well be there is a difference in voltage to not allow the detector to yet flash.

Then a 99p battery can be changed instead of the rechargeable ones.
There is no indication as far as I know about the control panel, just a recommendation of change.

In addition if any PIR or Magnetic Contact detector
has a low battery status it will be indicated on the
‘LOW BAT’ LED on the Control Panel.
LED ON Magnetic Contact
LED Flashing PIR

So as you can see no indication of the rechargeable just a magnetic contact.

Hope that is clearer ;)

Sassie. Did you get this resolved? I have a similar problem but with a flashing loe battery on control panel indicating a low battery in one of the PIR's. they all work ok in test mode but under normal operating conditions non of the lights in any of the PIRs flas indicating which one has the low battery. This is very frustrating. Can anyone help PLEASE

OMG forgot about this just had an email notification, i replaced all batteries in all and still was the same, the only thing i could come up with (after getting the two rechargable in control box) was the battery in the alarm box outside and ordered a complete new alarm box when it came i took old one down to find there was the normal rechargable battery inside it and a PP3 battery in it never even thought to check if that had a normal battery in it, anyway all was good after the entire alarm box was replaced, but before you spend out money like i did just replace the normal battery (PP3) in it first

have you changed the batteries anyway, if so then press ESC to clear the LED.
when where the batteries last changed if its been over 12 months then do the lot, ur running round chasing your tail do them all.

Thanks for your reply - you make a great suggestion and I will try this out this week. I hope this did not bring back too much of the frustration you had solving the problem. Thanks again

just a tip oakley, its NOT the siren it cant transmit back to the panel, its defo a sensor

Thanks for the advice. Just to confirm I changed all of the batteries in the PIRs about 4 months ago so one of them may have run down but it would be a bit surprising. Any additional advice would be great. Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Just to confirm I changed all of the batteries in the PIRs about 4 months ago so one of them may have run down but it would be a bit surprising. Any additional advice would be great. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back