Low cost driveway solution

Sponsored Links
It could be! Would be fine in terms of load as it is laid on a screed bed. But personally not a fan of artificial turf :(

Starting to think 2 lines of 900x600x50's would be better.... With gravel either side and in the middle... Problem is they are reasonably expensive

Sorry to bring this up again!

Ran into a few problems and due to the bad weather closing in I need to do something quick.

Hoping to just dig a trench where the drivers side wheels run. Add about 100mm subbase and then gravel. I would tuck some membrane down to prevent the soil mixing with the subbase and gravel either side of the trench.

The passenger side will always be on slabs so should struggle with getting on and off

Any other ideas/suggestions

Quick sketch of what I want to do. Got all the materials as leftovers from other work. And again - this is temporary and I only need it to get me through winter.

Might also add some strips of timber either side of the MOT 1 to prevent the soil from collapsing in... Do you think this is necessary?
IMAG0812.jpg
Any advice very welcome :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You won't need the wood because the fabric will hold it all together-just don't have the gravel too deep - and remember the diff. on a car will let the wheel on the gravel spin first, so go up slowly- unless you've got a quattro;)

Ahhh already got the wood in! Will take a pic soon!

Yeah it'll be a Vxr with an open diff! I never go up the slope quickly! If it becomes a problem
I will have to top up with MOT as opposed to gravel

Nearly done. Cementing a new wooden edge between the existing drive to retain the gravel tomorrow.

IMAG0816.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back