Low gas pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fired up new Ravenheat combi and the water and heating only reaches luke warm, also when the boiler is running the cooker hotplate flames go down to about half, I also have a Flavel Emberglow that soots up the glass in about a week so i'm thinking the gas pressure is low, is this common and is it likely to be a problem with the meter?
Any advice much appreciated

Sponsored Links
get a CORGI man in now

your gas supply pipe is badly undersized or has become blocked

when was it installed?

get a CORGI man in now

when was it installed?

The gas supply is fairly new I think and in 22mm copper from meter to boiler with 15 taken off to hotplate and fire, it all looks fairly recent, is it possible there is a problem with the meter, how could the pipe become blocked?

Sponsored Links
Low WP and incorrectly sized gas carcass. Depending where it is sited the 3 appliances you have listed would probably need 28mm copper from the meter.

I assume it is something you have fitted yourself if you have only now fired a new boiler up :confused: :eek:

get a CORGI man in now

when was it installed?

The gas supply is fairly new I think and in 22mm copper from meter to boiler with 15 taken off to hotplate and fire, it all looks fairly recent, is it possible there is a problem with the meter, how could the pipe become blocked?

who cares how Call someone who knows his arsee from his elbow NOW

listen to scat and me, stop bugggering about

I have just fired up new Ravenheat combi and the water and heating only reaches luke warm,

It is legal to fit a boiler in your own home ONLY if you are COMPETENT to work with gas clearly you are NOT.

This makes me wonder how you intended to get the appliance covered under the warranty, fill in the Benchmark and registered with your local Building Control.

Its this kind of situation which makes some people want to get gas appliances banned from retail outlets like B&Q.

Tony

Sod him Tony

I doubt he will reply to our posts.

BTW what makes a smoker a bad installer/service man??

:)

why dont we give the guy a chance to tell us the full story before we all start jumping on the assumption wagon? :rolleyes:

Only the owner or the occupier can report it to CORGI as they always want to inspect the property,

This apparent DIY install is not likely to be reported to CORGI as dangerous because it appears because the owner will not incriminate himself.

Thats where all these safety ideas fall down.

There is only ONE safe situation and thats for the HSE, with powers of entry, to go and look at it!

Tony

Only the owner or the occupier can report it to CORGI as they always want to inspect the property,

This apparent DIY install is not likely to be reported to CORGI as dangerous because it appears because the owner will not incriminate himself.

Thats where all these safety ideas fall down.

There is only ONE safe situation and thats for the HSE, with powers of entry, to go and look at it!

Tony

Er no we too can report it to CORGI tony, if we believe the installation was carried out by a non RGI

well what makes lovers of nicotine bad engineers??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back