Low voltage bathroom lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anybody tell me if with all the new regs can i install low voltage lighting myself?

Cheers :D

Sponsored Links
Yes you can, you should however note that the work may be notifiable to your local area building control under part P of the building regs (and a fee payable before you start).

The only work that can be done is "Like for Like" changing a new lighting layout i.e 12V spots will haver to be checked by building control due to the zones in a bathroom and to ensure the regs have been met....

NuttallsSpark said:
The only work that can be done is "Like for Like" changing a new lighting layout i.e 12V spots will haver to be checked by building control due to the zones in a bathroom and to ensure the regs have been met....

Ok thanks for the info, any idea of cost for the work to be checked? do they have a standard charge for checking?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back