Low water flow in victorian house converted into flats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a water flow problem in a Victorian 3 storey house converted into 3 flats. The property was converted 40 years ago and only has a single, old water service pipe entering the building.

My question is can the flow be improved by increasing the pipe size as it’s currently all 15mm, or is it restricted by the size of the single incoming service pipe.

Currently the water pipe enters the front of the property in the basement via an old lead pipe (I think), then it’s 15mm copper to the kitchen at the back of the property (9m) feeding a combi, bathroom (no bath, electric shower) on the way.
Then from the back of the property the pipe goes up into the ground floor flat and then Tee’s of to feed the kitchen, bathroom (no bath, electric shower).
The pipe then continues up to the first floor flat to feed a bathroom with a bath and electric shower and kitchen.

If a 2 22mm pipes were run from the incoming 15mm pipe at the front of the house before any draw off points and these pipes were run to feed the 2 flats above, could this help the problem?

The eventual solution is to have 3 separate water service pipes brought into the house, but I also need to update the gas and electricity so would like to do this all at once when the property is not fully let.

I think the pressure is at least 2-3 bar at ground floor.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back