low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello - we were given a council house recently and it has old central heating system with the water tank in the small bedroom and a boiler tank thingy for hot water. now the hot water pressure in the bathroom is just terrible, the watter is just dripping from the showerhead, we had just installed a water pump just below the water tank, and it made no difference at all :( any1 can recommend some good solution??

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
already did, they said cant do nothin, its old installation and needs 2 be replaced , and they are replacing the heating systems next year or so in my area :(

A correctly-installed pump should make a big difference, are you sure you did it correctly? Pics of your setup would help

Sponsored Links
hey sorry for the late reply

here are few photos of the setup :

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
[/img]

Can you make the pics a tad larger :evil: :evil:

You've fitted a pump on the cold feed to the cylinder :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Nice wiring by the way.

damn :( i was sure that was the correct 1 :( can you show me on the pic. where should i install the pump to have it working propley please :(

thanks

oooh, so is that the pipe you can see on the 1st photo comming out from the middle of that red boiler ??

The red thing is not a boiler, it is your cylinder.
May I respectfully suggest you leave it to the landlord, or if you can't wait that long, you should hire a pro; you are trying to bite off more than you can chew, which can be dangerous.

What is the make/model of the pump, it looks as though it should go in the flow pipe from the cylinder.

Didn't you read the instructions. :rolleyes:

Most pumps with a 15-50 strength indication should go on the boiler flow pipe John. :LOL:

The red thing is not a boiler, it is your cylinder.
May I respectfully suggest you leave it to the landlord, or if you can't wait that long, you should hire a pro; you are trying to bite off more than you can chew, which can be dangerous.
damn im always gettin confused :( , unfortunatley i gotta do this myself and pro costs too much for me :(

@doitall its a universal central heating pump , 5 metre head , make is flowson (25-50 ) , we got it from b&q and at home we realised there is no instruction manual :/ and we coudnt be bothered to drive all the way back for the manual itself

it looks exactly like this one

we just wanted a pump so the showerhead in the bath works propley

update found same 1 on b&q website HERE

Most pumps with a 15-50 strength indication should go on the boiler flow pipe John. :LOL:

Grundfoss do a domestic pump that goes in the flow Ben :LOL:

OP.

They are circulators for heating systems, and ho good for what you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back