low water pressure

hmm can u gys tell me whats the best pump that i need, that isint too expensive (~£40) and whats the best place 2 install it 2 have the showerhead running like it should b ?? :)

Sponsored Links
Without a pump, the pressure at your shower head is controlled by the vertical distance from the cold storage tank above your hot cylinder and the shower head. At the moment I suspect that is about a foot.

Do you have a loft?
If you do, the first thing I would try is raising the cold water storage tank as far as possible by moving it onto a platform built the loft.

Is the shower you are using suitable for use on a gravity system?
Many modern ones are designed for high water pressures only, and may not give enough flow to start even a correctly installed pump in a low pressure situation.

A correctly installed low pressure shower will give ample flow with about a one Metre head, without resorting to using a pump. Okay, it won't pin you against the wall and flay the skin from your back with a jet like a water-cannon, but there will be enough flow to get very wet very quickly.

hmm can u gys tell me whats the best pump that i need, that isint too expensive (~£40) and whats the best place 2 install it 2 have the showerhead running like it should b ?? :)

OK, first things first, you absolutely and definitely will not get a shower pump for £40. Even a really cheap and nasty one will be at least twice that, and a good make/spec more like three or four times the price. That's before you've purchased the Surrey Flange that needs adding to your cylinder in order to make the pump work correctly (budget around £30-35 for this). You need a dedicated supply for the pump coming out of the flange, so you've got some pipework to do, and you'll also need to take a feed from the cold tank somehow, as you'll need a twin impeller pump that will pump both the hot and cold so that the pressures are balanced. So for materials alone you'll need to budget teh best part of £200, and then you need to work out how to fit it all together yourself if you don't want to employ someone to do it.

Sponsored Links
hmm can u gys tell me whats the best pump that i need, that isint too expensive (~£40) :)
You mean:
~£40 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
2 ton + as a minimum more like it; about double to do it properly.

"best" and "cheap" usually don't go together

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back