Low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two showers in the house, the main one in the loft conversion that has been working fine for the past 9 months. The pressure in the house seems to have dropped and this is affecting all the showers. I have had United Utilities around and the say the pressure is at an acceptable level – even though it may have dropped they will do nothing about it.

Is there a pump or something I can do to increase the pressure for the whole house? The hot water system is through a Combi Boiler that is maintained by BG, and they say that this is adequate for the size of the house. In addition I have checked filters in the showers and all is clear.

Is there anyone who can suggest a course of action?

Sponsored Links
Move house!!!!!!!!! No seriously did they tell you what pressure was/is ,Did they do a flow test as well usually its not a drop in pressure but flow. Are your neighbours having same problems ?Could be you may have an underground leak.

Hi Pete, thanks for the response. I have checked with my neighbours and their pressure is fine. I have also shut the valve off in the house and listened to the street valve to ascertain whether I can still hear any flow - but nothing.

I will try UU again and see what they can suggest?

Is it a constant drop (as in always bad) or does it start good and then peter out pretty quickly?

Have you had any plumbing work done recently, or had the water off at weither your internal stoptap or outside (mains) stoptap?

Sponsored Links
hi if UU have had a test of pressure and flow you are entitled to know the results what area do you live in ?? thanks

theprouty said:
what area do you live in ?? thanks

It says Lancashire on his profile...

They should have told you the readings whilst they were taking them. Will have been a litres/min figure and either a pressure in bar or metres/head.

Something along the lines of 9l/min@10m/h...?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back