Lowest profile 90mm shower trap

Sponsored Links
Are you aware of the limits for drilling and notching joists?
http://www.eastdevon.gov.uk/bc-guidancenote7-notchingofjoists.pdf

The deepest notch you can safely cut in a 120mm joist is 30mm, and even that's out of the question if the notch would be mid-span.

Even a plain 1-1/2" elbow directly under the tray leading to a Hep-V0 trap would project more than 50mm, so it looks like it's raise, re-orientate or relocate the tray, swap the tray for one with the waste outlet in a different position, or move the joist :eek: .

Building Regs demand a 50mm equivalent seal on a shower trap, so many of the shallow ones you can buy, don't comply.

Thanks Guys.
Ive decided to rotate it 180 degrees, id been worried about future access to the waste system - having it butt up against the wall on the far side but have decided to put the access hatch below in the outside store (which is under that part of the bathroom.) My tool shed will now have a loft hatch, no great visual loss, im sure the old paint tins wont mind :)

Sponsored Links
Just out curiosity TicklyT, I always see these sort of diagrams but what I want to do never fits.
For example if its ok to notch to 30mm,the whole width of the joist , is ok to notch half the width of the joist to 60mm (ie, not going all the way through) .

No you cannot just notch anywhere, can't remember the exact rules but there is an area you can notch, and an area that you cannot, also the deeper the notch, the weaker the joist..... doesn't matter how wide the notch.

Hope this helps, I'm sure someone will know the precise rules

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back