LV transformer Q

I know that special locations are notifiable, I said I thought than non-special locations were non-notifiable.

However the circuit that I wish to modify in the newly formed bathroom was originally in a WC room (just a toilet) so does this count as a special location? It won't be a bathroom unitl the plumbing has been completed.

Thanks for calling me a criminal, I'm sure you don't own a single copied dvd/cd either.

I do work to help out family that I'm more than capable of and if I need to I check on whichever regs I feel doubtful about.

In this case I wanted to ask about notifying LABC before work in a special location, what sort of fee I should expect, the manner of inspection, etc - however you have now dragged this right out of context, suggesting I act like a criminal and basically belittling me as I'm not part of some great organisation such as the NICEIC.

Sponsored Links
Hallsy said:
I know that special locations are notifiable, I said I thought than non-special locations were non-notifiable.
Oh. My. God.

However the circuit that I wish to modify in the newly formed bathroom was originally in a WC room (just a toilet) so does this count as a special location?
Read the legislation.

Thanks for calling me a criminal, I'm sure you don't own a single copied dvd/cd either.
I didn't call you a criminal, I said that you are acting like one. And I don't copy, or have any copied, CDs or DVDs. And when a shop hands me too much change, I tell them. Even if it's Tesco.

There are no shades of honesty.

I do work to help out family that I'm more than capable of and if I need to I check on whichever regs I feel doubtful about.
And we all do that. The difference here is that you haven't checked whether or not what you're doing is legal, and it probably isn't.

In this case I wanted to ask about notifying LABC before work in a special location, what sort of fee I should expect, the manner of inspection, etc - however you have now dragged this right out of context
Oh I really don't think it's been dragged anywhere - it's clear that you wondering whether or not to notify. My first question to you was clear - "what's there to wonder about?", and you haven't answered it.

...suggesting I act like a criminal...
If you wondering, then you're considering breaking the law, which means that you're considering becoming a criminal. So go for it - then complain about being called one.

...and basically belittling me as I'm not part of some great organisation such as the NICEIC.
I don't give a single thought about the NICEIC, seeing as I'm not a member. Why you feel belittled by some very straightforward questions is beyond me, unless you have a guilty conscience...

Well that's that cleared up then, as I say, thanks again for your help & guidance.

The guidance I read suggested a special location was e.g. bathroom, kitchen, etc I have not found any legislation that is more specific, but I will look further as I have obviously missed something.

Yes, I was wondering whether I need to notify or not, and if I decided I didn't, in error, what would be the consequence & the remedy.

What I find belittling (and trust me I don't take it personally) is that you can't answer a question straight, you answer with another question, in a sarcastic, arrogant manner.

Each to their own but I find that unhelpful, and is not how I offer advice to others whether on this forum or any of the others I use.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back