Mac users beware

Sponsored Links
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/apple/3304630/mac-os-x-lion-flaw-could-see-hackers-changing-passwords/

Ah, Apple. They take a solid, secure system and then go and throw every basic tenet of computer security out the window, because they can.

Mac users beware: Apple are terminally stupid.

Ah, Apple. They take a solid, secure system and then go and throw every basic tenet of computer security out the window, because they can.

And charge a fortune for their stuff, because stupid people think "Expensive = Good." ;) ;)

I've been using Macs since mid 1987 because, back then when I was writing my first book, it was the only platform for serious publishing. (MS Word for Windows wasn't released till late 1987 - too late for me.)

Since then, I have come across zero (= 0) self-replicating viruses, zero (= 0) "worms" and one (1) "trojan", which requested that I type in my password and install it (a sort of "Irish virus" - with apologies to any Irishmen but you know what I mean!) In other words, the real world risk to Mac users is a tiny glimmer from Pluto, compared with the sun, which represents the level of risk to Windows users. Call it miniscule tending to zero for anyone with a brain cell. However, I freely admit that there are computer users out there (regardless of Operating System) who do seem to be devoid of common sense so it could happen.

This latest "vulnerability" requires me to leave my computer lying around where some nefarious person can pick it up and interfere with it. Well, I may be old but I'm not quite that demented yet, so it ain't gonna happen to me. In fact I'm far more likely to leave my wallet full of credit cards lying around and I haven't found any AV software to prevent that, yet! ;)

Sponsored Links
Since then, I have come across zero (= 0) self-replicating viruses, zero (= 0) "worms" and one (1) "trojan", which requested that I type in my password and install it (a sort of "Irish virus" - with apologies to any Irishmen but you know what I mean!) In other words, the real world risk to Mac users is a tiny glimmer from Pluto, compared with the sun, which represents the level of risk to Windows users. Call it miniscule tending to zero for anyone with a brain cell.

You keep telling yourself and other Mac users that. Don't come crying to us when your quaint assumptions get throw in your face. Expensively.

Nothing is secure, and pretending one of the most rapidly growing platforms in the world will continue to be safe is insane.

i don't understand why every mac user is so defensive of their product.

you say, "watch out! there is a problem with the latest mac" and you get a load of self righteous crap thrown about, why can't someone say "well thans for the infomation"?

Sam and his ilk seem to forget that there are viruses and malware out there for the unwary Mac user. They soon forget the almost total lack of support from Apple though. The last malware that affected thousands of Mac users, didn't get much support from Apple. Their response to the thousands of calls to their help line was to say that because the user had unwittingly downloaded the malware themselves, then Apple were not responsible.
Fair comment, you'd think, but not the sort of response you'd want from a company who supposedly pride themselves on their products. Apple showed , through their arrogance that all they want is your money.
No doubt at some point in the future, another unscrupulous programmer is going to unleash another virus/malware program specifically aimed at Mac users. Lets wait and see Apple Corp's response. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

i don't understand why every mac user is so defensive of their product.
It's because they aren't just buying a computer / phone or whatever.
They are subscribing to the Church of Apple, which requires that they bow down and worship everything that is created by that company, and in most cases expect everyone else to do the same.

There is nothing inherently wrong with most Apple products, however those that buy them appear to believe the products are vastly superior in every way, when in reality, they are not.

whatever you think guys, mac's are not ideal, but still better quality as different brands on the market. and the os x is sophisticated. of course there are some bugs, but not that many as in windows.

definitely mac:)

Why on earth would you revive an old post like this with useless information? Why not help people with actual problems?
Also try using some grammar, might make you look more credible.

Sponsored Links
Back