Macerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some more advice if you would be so kind.......can I run a macerator from a spur from the ring main?!

Sponsored Links
As long as you fuse it down. What do the instructions say? And if you don't have any, try searching the interweb thing for some. You need to know the manufacturer's recommendations before connecting up.

Sponsored Links
My Mum's Saniflo has been in 20 years and NEVER broken down!

Tempting fate a bit there, SS....I give it about 2 days (better make sure she's got some Marigolds :LOL: )

OK, seriously, in the house I live in there's a VortoPlast 1, made, I think, by Ceramica Italia (so therefore not French). It's in constant use by 5 people and seems very reliable (OK, I'm tempting fate now). However, the sink or shower don't go through it, only the loo pan. Maybe this makes a difference. Apparently, next time it does 'go', it'll be my job to sort it :cry:

Hi did find a vortoplast on the web actually. I posted a question on the plumbing section about it. Did I need three input macerator or could I get by with a two input (less expensive) and connect the shower and basin prior to spare. there shouldn't be a huge amount of useage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back