Made To Measure UPVC External Back Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace a [rotting] wooden door to an outbuilding to my homes, and was looking to fit a low [or preferably no!] maintainance UPVC door.

The problem I have is that the door is an unusual size - 69in [1.75m] x 29.5in [0.75m], and so the door would have to be made to size.

As the door is only for an outbuilding, I only need a fairly plain and basic door [but still with reasonable degree of security fitted], like a domestic back door would fit the bill.

Would anyone know of anyone who manufactures 'made to measure' basic utility UPVC doors [or maybe manufactures and installs] in the Sheffield Rotherham area at a reasonable price.

Alternatively, I would consider replacing the existing door with another good quality wooden door, assuming that I could get one that is the right size, either off the peg, or made to measure, if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Shrimp - have had a look to see what they can do.

I see that they are based in Coventry.

I was hoping for a business in South Yorkshire [or surrounding county's] partly to minimise any delivery costs, and possibly the same company may also do the installation.

Would anyone know of a more local business?

Apart from the ones off the shelf in the merchants, all plastic doors are 'made to measure' and any of the fitting or manufacturing companies who supply these doors in your locality will be able to make one

Sponsored Links
As woody says a lot of doors are made to measure anyway. I used http://www.anglianhome.co.uk and they came round and measured the frame first. I think I had a standard size in the end but they said they could produce them to fit.

Thanks Woody & johnritchie for your contibutions - much appreciated.

Do any 'posters' in, or near to South Yorkshire have recommendations [or positive experiances] regarding any of the local businesses.

Names or website addresses would be much apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back