Magic Eye Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Sorry for what I'm sure is a very simple question.

I have sky multiroom and am looking to set up this to be distributed to other tele's in the house.

If I plug the magic eye directly into the sky box, there is power the the Magic Eye, and the red light is showing.

If however, I plug a lead into the skybox, and that lead goes back to the loft to pick up another cable from another room, and then plug the Magic Eye into that lead, there is no Red Light.

There is however, a picture going to another tele.

I used the crimp f-connectors to do this.

Is this purely a problem with my wiring skills, or something more fundamental ?

Many Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Sam.

So the sat box is sending out the DC power and it's most likely how i've connected the F connectors rather than the wire itself ? (I hope so, as the wires are all burried withing walls !! )

Most likely cause is a single strand of the almost invisible copper braid touching the centre pin. I had the same on an install last week. It's an easy mistake to make. Cut the plug(s) off, remake the connection using a screw-on F-type plug as a test.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris - Hoped it was something like that (fingers crossed).

just had the same problem,double checked my connection under the floor!,bingo!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back