SKY MULTIROOM Vs. MAGIC EYE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently enjoy watching my SKY+ recorded programs in any room thanks to the magic eye system. SKY tell me that if I upgrade to MULTIROOM for a second channel, I will not be able to watch programs recorded in the lounge on any other TV. Yes a second box helps to record in another room, but I dont want to try to record in each room as this would get messy. Can any body advise if you can use multiroom and magic eye together?
Tthank you David

Sponsored Links
You can. You could have a plain Sky box in the bedroom plus your feed via the magic eye from the lounge recorder. You then get the ability top have two different Sky channels playing simultaneously, or two programmes recording and watching a third channel in the bedroom. Is that what you want?

If so, then the remote controls need to be set up so that they won't conflict. There's info on the web about doing that. Look up "programming sky remote" and similar phrases. If you find satcure's web page then they have decent info on this.

Fantastic Chris
Thats exactly what I want.
I have 3 TV's connected with magic eyes.
That means my wife can watch her recorded Coro Street where she wants while I watch something usefull in life... like football :D

Sponsored Links
A standard Sky Digibox remote will not interfere with Sky+ and HD Digiboxes, and vice versa.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back