MagnaClean - location in vented system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I would like to fit a magnaclean but am slightly unsure about locating in an open / vented system

Have looked at magnaclean installation instructions and it recommends “not before vent” http://www.adeysolutions.co.uk/subprofessional.asp?id=248

Checked the forum [great forum] here and lots of advice seems to say on return from rads and before boiler. Guess thinking is to catch the corrosion rubbish from rads before enters boiler. My problem is I cannot gain access to return as boiler is wall mounted in kitchen [close to ceiling] and supply / return pipes go directly in to upstairs floor space. Supply from boiler enters [from floor space] airing cupboard where pump, three way valve, vent and feed are all located. There is room [at a push] to locate filter after pump and before three way [port A/B on honeywell 4073a]. This would put it after the vent but before the rads – would this be okay

Should say, my boiler is kettling – I cleaned system with DS40 few years back and it really worked. Shifted lots of black deposits [they would stick to a magnetic screwdriver] and quietened the boiler but what a messy job. Unfortunately, noise is gradually returning so may have to do it again :(

May try some F2 Boiler Noise Silencer first – fingers crossed

My thinking is that even if I end up with a new boiler the magnaclean is still worth having.

Thanks D:)

[/url]

Sponsored Links
Magnaclean is always worth fitting and if the nearest is the airing cupboard then that will do the trick,,

Gasman

Thats good news :) not sure would be an option for me otherwise

Can you explain why magnaclean say do not fit before the vent
[not that I will be doing this - just to be clear]

Cheers D

Sponsored Links
I had to laugh the other day, saw a magnaclean on customers system connected between the pump and mid position valve.

gonne do summit but not much there :LOL:

was it not possible to get to the rtn :rolleyes:

Gotta be a DIY :LOL:

Shoulda suggested he get ya to redo it ;) £££££

The magnaclean will collect deposits of loose iron oxide (black sludge) as it passes through it. If your boiler is kettling it will not solve the problem. If the boiler is old then a replacement would be a wise investment otherwise a 'powerflush' with some de-scaling chemical done correctly should do the trick.. Powerflush up to 10 radiators usually costs around £400 and takes about 6 hours if system is bad.. have fun!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back