Main earth bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two points of entry into my house for my mains water , the main one comes in to feed the unvented cylinder and the rest of the house mains water , the 2nd one comes in just to feed the kitchen sink and outside toilet . Do i need to bond the kitchen feed as well , i have installed the 10 mm cable from the main earth point back to just above the stop cock on the first & main entry point and i could easily daisy chain it through to the kitchen entry or would the kitchen entry be better on its own cable .just to confuse things we had a new water main installed a few years back & the main entry pont now backfills the system , back to the original stop cock which is now defunct and turned off .

Sponsored Links
The only answer is 'if it is extraneous'.

However, if it is close enough to the main entry point that there is negligible impedance (<0.05&#937;) between it and the Main Earthing Terminal with the main entry point bonded then additional bonding will not be required.

If not or if if you are not sure then connecting the two entry points would be sufficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back