Main Eco Elite 30 Combi Boiler Issue

Yes, but if it was left in the on position, you turning it off might have then broken that circuit. As a temporary solution you could link the thermostat out a the boiler end or at the receiver end (if you’re certain it’s wireless), or press the override if it has one.
It is wireless, it is the salus 300rf, it is just on the worktop. I was thinking it might be to do with the thermostat in some way. Is it a case of the receiver trying to communicate to the thermostat even though it's off, meaning it's locked?

Are you saying I should unscrew the consol and take the receiver out?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
It is wireless, it is the salus 300rf, it is just on the worktop. I was thinking it might be to do with the thermostat in some way. Is it a case of the receiver trying to communicate to the thermostat even though it's off, meaning it's locked?

Are you saying I should unscrew the consol and take the receiver out?
You can either:

1: remove the boiler cover and link terminals 1 and 2, then use the time switch

2: undo receiver, link com and NO and use the time switch

You can either:

1: remove the boiler cover and link terminals 1 and 2, then use the time switch

2: undo receiver, link com and NO and use the time switch
What is the time switch and link terminals? Is that all in the left hand side where the receiver is?

Just taken the front screws off and expected it to fold out but the main boiler frame is wedged behind it. Doesn't help that the boiler is in this cupboard, tight space. I put it back on as don't want to mess around with it too much in case I do something I shouldn't.

Attachments

• PXL_20240415_203548922.jpg
    PXL_20240415_203548922.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 18
Sponsored Links
Can't believe this has happened just because I turned the boiler off for a few days, this never happened with my Worcester boiler in my old place. I wish I would have just turned the got water right down now instead, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Thanks
Cover lifts/slides up. However I think you feel uncomfortable. The time switch is what you have been using (constant control).

Can you access the wiring behind the Salus?

Can't believe this has happened just because I turned the boiler off for a few days, this never happened with my Worcester boiler in my old place. I wish I would have just turned the got water right down now instead, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
You would have the same issue regardless of which boiler is fitted as you didn’t replace the thermostat and the previous person let the batteries leak.

Cover lifts/slides up. However I think you feel uncomfortable. The time switch is what you have been using (constant control).

Can you access the wiring behind the Salus?
This is the Thermostat, I will give it another go tomorrow after work and take a photo and post before I do anything, just to be sure if you don't mind. Thanks for all your input tonight, I really want to avoid getting anyone out of it's an easy fix, that being said I will get a new thermostat come winter but not urgent with summer on the horizon.

Attachments

• PXL_20240415_205317848.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240415_205317848.MP.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Thanks
You would have the same issue regardless of which boiler is fitted as you didn’t replace the thermostat and the previous person let the batteries leak.
So I broke the circuit by turning it off and it would have been ok if I left it on?

• Thanks
You’re welcome for the help. You need the receiver, not the thermostat, if you can access the wiring behind, to get you by until you replace the thermostat you can join the 2 wires (we’ll tell you which before you commit).

You’re welcome for the help. You need the receiver, not the thermostat, if you can access the wiring behind, to get you by until you replace the thermostat you can join the 2 wires (we’ll tell you which before you commit).
Good man, appreciate it. I think I will have a go at cleaning up the metal on the thermostat with some vinegar and alcohol, only one of them that is affected, and isn't too bad. Might as well do that first. Inside the thermostat is fine.

Attachments

• PXL_20240415_210500151.jpg
    PXL_20240415_210500151.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20240415_210542920.jpg
    PXL_20240415_210542920.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Thanks
Good man, appreciate it. I think I will have a go at cleaning up the metal on the thermostat with some vinegar and alcohol, only one of them that is affected, and isn't too bad. Might as well do that first. Inside the thermostat is fine.
Yep, no harm in trying that. I think I cleaned one once using just a cleaning strip - similar to that of sand paper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back