Main phone line from pole outside cut - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have managed to cut through the main phone cable to our house.

Outside the front door I now have the line coming from the pole in the street, that is cut a foot after the connector on the house, and another piece of line going in through the wall of the house.

Can I fix this by putting the two ends into some sort of external junction box?

Or do I need to get BT out to put new line from the pole into the house?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
report your phone not working tea/coffee chocky bikkies and a purply coloured beer voucher for the egineer ;)

Outside the front door I now have the line coming from the pole in the street, that is cut a foot after the connector on the house, and another piece of line going in through the wall of the house.

If you do call them out DONT mention that you have cut it ...but what you want to do is a temp repair, get some slack and cut about 1 inch of sheathing off either end there you will find orange,white,green,black wires but ignore the yellow ones then strip the insulation off them and twist the conductors together..when phone line is working ring up bt and tell them its noisy so when a engineer comes out he will replace it...just say itsbeen like that since you moved in ;)

Get both ends and rub them on a rock/brick.
I will make them look worn/frayed ratehr than cut.

Or when you ring up claim it was vandelism.

Let me guess you were cutting back a climber,possibly ivy :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back