Main RDS tripping with lightning

1. Having no real reason to assume the earth pin is not connected to the house system
You have that AAF - with something as vital as this you must adopt the position that right now you have no real reason to assume the earth rod is connected to your installation.

leaves me with the way ahead for my original problem of trip-outs. Perhaps I should go ahead with the fitting of an S type RCD of 300mA instead of the present 100mA unit and see if that helps?
NO!

1) You already have inadequate RCD protection - making it worse would be illegal.

2) RCDs like that are not cheap.

3) Substituting components in the hope that you'll fix a problem is a flawed approach, you need to do (or have done) a proper investigation to find out what the root cause is.

2. Is there some way of testing the earth pin connection integrity with my simple multimeter or is something more sophisticated required.
The latter.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back