mains pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quick question
is there a formua to calculate water pressure(at the outlet height), by noting the flow l/min , for given pipe sizes say 15 or 22mm etc..??
rather than buying a possibly inaccurate cheapo gauge, for a one off job

any takers :?:

Sponsored Links
how would you note the flow without a flow cup/gauge?
lol i'm confused..
If it was a tank 10metres head = 1bar I think.. but the mains is obv different
:p

i realise flowrate and pressure are diffrent animals, but surely there is some general 'rule of thumb' which would say, eg 9l/min from a 15mm outlet=1bar pressure, roughly and at that outlet only etc,
and old hands out there not hard at work now.. ??

Sponsored Links
The length, diameter and material of all the pipework and fittings upstream to at least as far as the water company's pressure regulating valve serving your neighbourhood, along with the local geography and other local usage drawn from that water main are all significant, so you can't really apply any 'rule of thumb'.

The residual pressures measured at a range of different flow rates is more significant than the static pressure.

tanks tckly t
fraid that went over my head like a blackbird(the plane not the bird) way..way....way....

anyways found an old pressure gauge from a ch safety valve in the shed,
rigged it up and got 1.8 bar just below cistern stopcock(0bar with kitchen tap on full), and 3.5-4l/min into a bucket through a 15mm plastic pipe so that ansewrs that one to a degree for me

it will b atank fed pumped elec shower for me, thank u very much

by the way any of u crafty old foxes ever used a wire saw(camping-shop, survival gear type) to cut a 110mm black plastic soil waste [its a tricky spot between some joists] ??? :?:
o i know its off the orig topic but once a chancer... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back