Mains Tyre Inflation

Sponsored Links
Sorry if I am missing something here, guys, but am I to believe that I am the only person in the world that still uses a manual footpump?
I have one in boot for emergencies. Otherwise, I use a powered one. I did considered a mains adaptor when I had flat battery problems. A combination of solar panel and standby battery meant that an adaptor wasn't needed any more.

Thanks to all. I see there is a 30amp transformer for under £20.
Do I take it that this is not likely to blow my inflater up , because of the power it shoots out!
You DO NOT need a "transformer", you need a "power supply".

There is a difference as been explained in previous posts, if you use a "transformer" it will not work and will very likely harm your pump.

You need:
12v DC at 8A (Amps) (more amps is OK too as it just means the PSU can provide more power).

Sponsored Links
Wait until you get arthritic knees, you won't be so chippy then. lol.
Ya never know; they might be the person who was laughed at on site for years because they refused to kneel on anything without pads

Well I was not meaning to be chippy, exactly, but just feel slightly eccentric that I possess such an 'obscure' item. In anycase, my tyres seldom require any boost as the pressures seem to remain pretty constant. I suppose if most folk have access to several vehicles then the auto-inflater makes sense. Said knees are 65 years old now and just about still move in all the right places. The other half might disagree, of course. :mrgreen:

Sorry if I am missing something here, guys, but am I to believe that I am the only person in the world that still uses a manual footpump?

No you're not. I have an RAC footpump that regularly serves to inflate the tyres on my van and push bike. Also occasionally used to re-pressurise the odd expansion vessel in boilers. Everyone I know with cheap Chinese 12V inflaters seems to be renewing them regularly. My pump is at least 17 years old.

Sponsored Links
Back