Mains voltage and volt free room thermostats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where can I find out for certain if a combi boiler I'm looking at requires a mains voltage or volt free room stat? I believe most combis are volt free but some require mains voltage. If anyone knows I'd be most obliged. The boiler is the viessmann Vitodens 100 combi.

Sponsored Links
Where can I find out for certain if a combi boiler I'm looking at requires a mains voltage or volt free room stat? I believe most combis are volt free but some require mains voltage. If anyone knows I'd be most obliged. The boiler is the viessmann Vitodens 100 combi.

Look at the installation manual, usually available online.

Most modern boilers use thermistor temperature sensors which are low voltage devices.

Most of them can also be configured to work with thermostats, to accommodate the dinosaur installers who have failed to notice that electronic controllers have taken over the world.

Yes the veissmann combi accommodates voltage free switching. You need to take out the link between L and LR on terminal block 56 and connect your room stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back