Mains water pressure for shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a house, and replaced the triton shower, electric mains pressure fed, as it was cutting out (low pressure light).

I assumed it was broken so changed it for a new unit, and low and behold, the low pressure light has returned. It only happens in the morning, ie max load on the main on the street.

My problem is - the shower is T'd off the mains feed in the loft, then run down to the shower. The valve on this is a big grey 'washing machine' type tap. I wanted to know if coming of the mains fed bath tap instead - and going upto the shower be any better? As I may get more consistent pressure from this arrangement?

Any nuggets of information appreciated.

Sponsored Links
This would make very little difference. A typical elect shower only uses 3litres per min so the flow restriction would be negligible.

Either shower in the evening or -dare I say it :cool: - consider fitting an accumulator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back