Making soakaway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I decided to take up loads of paving slabs in my garden and whilst doing this decided to get rid of a water butt that had been installed on my extention.
I have dug the hole, dug the trench for the pipe and purchased the pipes.

What I'm not sure of is how to seal the pipes. I have purchased 2.5 metre lengths of 68mm pipe and need a run of 3 metres down and a run of 5 metres across to the hole. I have got some socket to join the sections together and also the 92 degrees socket where the two sections meet.

My question is should I be using glue of some type as the sections do not fit tight together. I have read the I should leave a 6mm gap so for expansion in the summer. If I do not seal, I'm sure the pipe will leak under the ground.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Hi, try looking on 'pavingexpert.com'. They have a section on soakaways that will be very helpful to you.

Andy

just use some solvent weld glue that is used on waste pipework and that will do the job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back