Making wires safe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

What’s the best way to make these wires safe for a short period of time? I have an electrician coming after Xmas to first fix, but I’ve just taken these off a stud wall

Is it safe to leave them isolated like this if not used?

Many thanks F4BE065E-28A1-4E62-8A75-79C077E8DC13.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Not safe like that!. get yourself a strip of this from any DIY shop and put the live ends in to the terminals.
s-l1200.webp

Even better, would anyone advise me how to install these wires back in to this double switch, they came lose so I couldn’t see how they were connected
9F0053F7-E6BD-4BC3-A11F-F32DEE7E3033.jpeg231382ED-4D53-43B2-8DB9-1DDCA64177E3.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Even better, would anyone advise me how to install these wires back in to this double switch, they came lose so I couldn’t see how they were connected
View attachment 325948View attachment 325949
Hard to say for sure unless we know how they were connected before, but - if you dont need the lights to work, I suggest you puit the two reds in the terminals that has the red link wire. Then one black on A1 and one in B1

I couldn’t find that on the website searching, thank you! Off to pick one up now

There are two red cables and one black cable, does it matter where they go in these terminals?

Just to clarify - on those terminals one side is connected to the other, so put each cable in a separate terminal along one side of of the block, and leave the other side empty. If you put one cable in one side and another in the terminal opposite, it'll connect those two cables together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back