manhole cover paved over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we moved to this house fairly recently and the surveyor pointed out to us that he thought the manhole cover had been paved over by the previous occupants (I think he is right judging by the fact that every other house in the row of terraces has a manhole right by their back door and we don't - also guy before us fancied himself as a bit of a builder and there are lots of botch job projects in the house).

I thought it would be a simple job getting the paving stone up but they have obviously been very well cemented in! I've basically given up any hope of getting it up myself but who do you think is the best person to call to get the stones up? and is there likely to be any damage to the actual cover (I imagine it's covered in cement)?

Sponsored Links
a general builder will be able to get it up or a decenet landscaper, and then get the thing replaced with an inset one so the slabs can be cut to fit in it and match in with the rest of the patio, without the cover showing too much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back