manometer's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
whats more accurate a digital or a water gauge

with a water gauge the accuracy seems to be (depending on your eye sight) .25 bar but more probably .5bar

are there any manometers that are 'easy read', they may have larger spacing between increments, for instance?

any comments?

Sponsored Links
I prefer the analogue (water) gauges because they don't need calibrating and don't have any parts that can go wrong.

i've seen someone using a Testo digi at the meter it took 5mins to set itself up before he could even begin a soundness test!!

The water gauges look far more user friendly and like you say it cant lie (as long as the hose is ok).

so stick with the water gauges then.

I wonder what Softus would use a manometer for?

Sponsored Links
It's pretty obvious Agile - stop feigning stupidity.

Its not very obvious to me what Softus would use a manometer for !

As he is not CORGI registered for gas then he would not be using it for gas pressure testing and that only leaves dry pipework testing.

Tony

Agile said:

didnt you just answer yourself!?

Agile said:
As he is not CORGI registered for gas then he would not be using it for gas pressure testing and that only leaves dry pipework testing.

Tony

Yes when it worked my Kane 400 was totally impractical as a manometer. The u guage is there right away and is silent. The Kane pump is just downright offensive to the senses.

BUT my m8 Dean who I help to do his anual caravan checks up and down this coast, cause he has so many to do all at once, uses a neat little electronic guage that seems easier in the hectic environment of truggling round caravan sites looking for keys that fit and trying to find a bottle with some gas in it to borrow. Normal lpg u guage too cumbersome under these circumstances.

j42 is all you need to test lpg right up to 120mb,easy to read has a little red ball in the miniscus :eek: handy to read and only 24inchs tall plus the liquid never flies out when some numpty turns the ecv on quickly :LOL: also graded in .25mb easy to spot leaks

bripl said:
j42 is all you need to test lpg right up to 120mb,easy to read has a little red ball in the miniscus :eek: handy to read and only 24inchs tall plus the liquid never flies out when some numpty turns the ecv on quickly :LOL: also graded in .25mb easy to spot leaks

Perhaps a true story to lighten the day. Based on brilp comments above.

live connection to a 63gas mains, 32mm pipe laid in trench an valved off at the ends.

Thats the hard part, all I got to do is test it :LOL: so out comes the manometer, rubber tube on and a good blow, and the water shoots 6ft in the air, Em Ooooooooooops that the wrong end, only gone and blown into the guage instead of the pipe. :oops: :oops:

Now where does one find water in the middle of a field :LOL:

Agile said:
FFS Agile, it's obvious to any heating engineer who isn't being deliberately obtuse.

If you want to know, just ask me. If you don't want to know, then stop behaving like a supporting cast member in a badly acted play.

doitall said:
Now where does one find water in the middle of a field :LOL:
I think I can guess. At least you'll be more careful where you blow the stuff now. :LOL:

Surely Softus, its you who are being "obtuse" because you say you use a manometer when you have no obvious application for its measurements.

As far as the supporting cast is concerned, have you seen Fabulation? I saw it a few months ago and enjoyed it so much I hope to take Shylene next week.

Tony

Agile said:
Surely Softus, its you who are being "obtuse" because you say you use a manometer when you have no obvious application for its measurements.
Actually, no. Firstly, I'm being perfectly straightforward, but you still haven't asked me what that application is, even though you claim that you don't know.

Secondly, I've never said that I use a manometer - you've assumed it. Notwithstanding that, if I were to use one, then I maintain that the use would be obvious and perfectly legal. After all, you can't measure the pressure of a great many things in unit of millibars. :rolleyes:

As far as the supporting cast is concerned, have you seen Fabulation? I saw it a few months ago and enjoyed it so much I hope to take Shylene next week.
Since you ask, I don't have the slightest clue to what, or to whom, you're referring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back